If you’re a beginner when it comes to creating simple makeup looks, these tips and hacks will come in handy.
- Always start with a clean, moisturised face.
- Wear primer to keep makeup in place, especially on the eyelids and lips. Primer can also create a smooth, even base for makeup application.
- You don’t have to use foundation or concealer if you have clear, even-toned skin. Hide imperfections with concealer and foundation that matches your skin tone–always choose just a shade lighter than your actual skin tone. Colour correcting palettes help hide flaws, for example, lavender covers up yellow undertones, green cancels out redness, and peach hides undereye blue shades.
- Use light strokes to fill out eyebrows.
- Use the correct applicator tools and brushes for all makeup products.
- Keep makeup brushes clean; wash them once a week or two, depending on use.
Tip: Start small and build your way up with products, tools, and ideas.